Call 101 or, in an emergency, 999.
Leaders Unlocked is seeking a freelance Project Coordinator in Norfolk to join their team, working on an exciting youth project influencing crime and policing strategy in their police force area.
The Norfolk Youth Commission, which started in May 2017 and runs until December 2017, enables young people aged 14-25 years to support, challenge and inform the work of the county’s Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC).
Norfolk’s Youth Commission is the eighth in the country; since 2013 Youth Commissions have been established in Sussex, Hampshire, North Yorkshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Cheshire and Staffordshire. In each of these pilot areas, we have recruited a core team of approximately 25-30 young people to join the Youth Commission on Police and Crime. These young people act as an advisory team for their PCC and help to engage other young people in their local area through a ‘Big Conversation.’
Leaders Unlocked is looking for a Project Coordinator to:
- Be the point of contact for Norfolk Youth Commission members (and their parents/ guardians)
- Deliver youth consultation events in Norfolk, supporting Youth Commission members to play a leading role in gathering views from their peers
- Liaise with local organisations and stakeholders, e.g. colleges and youth organisations
- Manage and maintain a contact database for the project in Norfolk
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date schedule of activity for the Youth Commission in Norfolk
- Coordinate data gathering from the youth consultation activities, collate and submit data to the Project
- Report progress in Norfolk to the Project Manager
- Coordinate content (e.g. photographs and blogs) for the website and social media about Youth Commission activity in Norfolk.
For more information or to apply for this position, please take a look at the Job Advert/Information Pack (PDF, 143 KB).
The deadline for receiving responses is 9am on Monday 10 July 2017.