PCC Election 2024
The next PCC election will take place on Thursday, 2 May 2024
Candidate Briefing Day
The OPCC candidates briefing day will be held on Wednesday 3 April 2024 at the OPCCN. Details of the event will be published in due course.
Norfolk PCC Election 2024
The election of the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Norfolk will take place on Thursday 2 May 2024.
This area of our website provides details of the upcoming election, including information useful to both prospective candidates and voters.
Further information will be published as it becomes available.
The Association of Police and Crime Commissioners' has produced this short animation explaining the role of PCCs, including their responsibilities, what they do for local communities, how their role is different to that of a Chief Constable, how they are answerable to the public, who elects them and where to find out more information.
Key election dates
- Ongoing candidate selection
- Tuesday 26 March 2024 – Publication of notice of PCC election (pre-election period starts)
- TBC – Nomination period for PCC candidates
- TBC – Publication of statement of persons nominated for PCC election
- Thursday 2 May 2024 – Election day
- TBC – Count and declaration of result
- Wednesday 8 May 2024 – Term of incumbent PCC ceases
- TBC – Newly or re-elected PCC takes office.
Information for voters
Information on voting is available from the Electoral Commission.
Trevor Holden, Managing Director of Broadland and South Norfolk Councils, has been designated the Police Area Returning Officer (PARO) for Norfolk for the PCC Elections. Broadland Council is the PARO authority. Further information for voters will be published on the Broadland Council website as it becomes available.
For information on who is standing in Norfolk, go to the Choose My PCC website for information on candidates. Please note that candidates for 2024 election have not been announced yet.
You can also find out more from the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (APCC).
Information for candidates
To be announced.
Questions and answers
In the interests of openness and transparency, the OPCCN will publish on this page, in anonymised form, all questions and requests for information made by prospective candidates up to the date of the election.
- The role of the PCC
- The OPCCN Chief Executive
- The OPCCN Chief Finance Officer
- OPCCN Staff
- Facts and figures about the PCC and the Office of the PCC
- The Chief Constable
- Norfolk Police & Crime Panel
- Norfolk’s Police and Crime Plan
- Latest Annual Report
- The Policing Budget
- Commissioning services for victims
- Governance Framework – operational independence and the PCC’s working relationship with the Chief Constable
- Norfolk Police website
- Emergency Services collaboration
- Community Safety
- Independent Custody Visiting Scheme
- Association of Police and Crime Commissioners
- Association of Policing and Crime Chief Executives
- College of Policing
- His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services
- Independent Office for Police Conduct
- Independent Custody Visitors Association
- National Police Chiefs' Council
- Police and Crime Commissioners Treasurers’ Society