Skip to content

Looking for Norfolk Police?

Do you need the Police? Visit the Norfolk Police website

Document library

Freedom of information

Since 1 January 2005, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) has given you a right of access to recorded information held by public authorities, including Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs), subject to certain exemptions.

All requests for information under the FOIA MUST be made in writing and MUST include your name, an email or postal address, and a description of the information you require.

You can send in your request via email to Or you can post it to:

Freedom of Information Officer
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk
Jubilee House
Falconers Chase
NR18 0WW

If you ask us for information, we will let you know in writing whether we hold what you have asked for and, if we do, provide the information to you within 20 working days, starting the working day after your request is received, unless it is subject to an exemption.

We also have a duty to provide advice or assistance to you or anyone seeking information (for example, in order to explain what is readily available or to clarify what is wanted).

Our freedom of information publication scheme

Our responses to freedom of information requests we have received

Subject Access Request

You have a right to be told by an organisation whether any information is held about you and a right to a copy of that information, unless certain exemptions apply. This is called right of access and is commonly called a subject access request or SAR. You can make a subject access request to find out:

·         What personal information an organisation holds about you;

·         how they are using it;

·         who they are sharing it with; and

·         where they got your data from.

If you would like to make a subject access request, you MUST provide satisfactory proof of your identity.

Make a Subject Access Request