Gavin is Director of Policy, Commissioning and Communications.
Before joining the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk (OPCCN), Gavin worked for over 10 years in local government, holding senior management roles in both unitary and district councils in Staffordshire, North Yorkshire and Derbyshire, with wide ranging responsibilities including:
- Corporate management and inspection, including corporate governance
- Strategy and Policy
- Community Safety, Community Development and Grant Funding
- Performance Management, Business planning
- Organisational Development and Training and Development
- Equality and Diversity, including compliance with the Equality Standard for Local Government
- Engagement and Participation
- Research and Intelligence, including spatial data management and data warehousing
- Funding management
- Child and Family Poverty
Gavin holds a PhD in the social sciences and has extensive experience of conducting primary research and a postgraduate qualification in personnel management. Professional development has included the achievement of Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner status, completion of the Local Government Association’s Future Leader’s Programme and the Cabinet Office Commissioning Academy.