Call 101 or, in an emergency, 999.
Your PCC’s responsibilities include:
- Setting objectives for tackling crime and disorder in Norfolk through a Police and Crime Plan
- Ensuring Norfolk has an efficient and effective police force. Your PCC hires (and, if necessary, fires) the Chief Constable and holds him/her to account for running the force. Your PCC also sets Norfolk’s policing priorities and monitors performance against those priorities
- Setting the budget for policing the county and determining how much you contribute through your Council Tax. Your PCC also scrutinises how the police use their budget to meet Norfolk’s policing priorities
- Bringing together Norfolk’s community safety and criminal justice partners to make sure local priorities are joined up
- Commissioning services which contribute to the objectives within the Police and Crime Plan
- Providing support services for victims and witnesses of crime
- Getting communities involved in keeping Norfolk safe and being the voice of the people when it comes to policing and criminal justice in Norfolk.